What are your percentages of hatch with incubators?

Super cheap Little Giant incubator, still air, no turners, styrofoam, $49 from TSC, holds around 40+ eggs. Got about 60+% hatch rate. Then bought fan kit for it and got a better hatch rate -closer to 90%. Eggs were from my flock.

Built my own once with a $5 styrofoam cooler, light bulb for heat, no turner, still air, quail eggs. Got about 60+% hatch rate. Eggs were purchased but not shipped.

I use a Borotto Lumia 16 with his humidifier, I had only two small hatches so I don't think these results will last for every hatch.
1) 6 quail eggs, 4 fertile but one quitted at day 4 or 5 (were 2 week old supermarket eggs) and all the other 3 hatched
2) 10 marans and marans x brown sexlink, 8 fertile and all 8 hatched
This year I'm aiming to have another three hatches of three different breeds with some quails if I have space in the incubator, I hope🤞

NatureRight 360.

36 shipped quail eggs, had 13 hatch, culled one and a few that never made it hatch for some reason. The rest were at random stages and one that popped in the incubator

12 Ayam Cemani shipped eggs. 2 hatched, 1 had a double membrane and never managed to pip. But I didn't set these guys upright to rest for 24 hours either so most air cells didn't stabilize

10 farm eggs, local. 5 hatched, 1 quit and 4 were infertile

Considering most were shipped and I hadn't known to properly rest them before incubating, I think my rates were great

Using a Keebonix - looks like a Chinese knock-off of a Brinsea round 12 egg.

Excluding infertiles, which has been a HUGE problem for me, I'm upwards of 80% on chicks, but was 0% on my first batch of ducks (don't blame the incubator, i did a lot wrong) and 50% on my second batch of ducks (where I did more things right). About to do an eggtopsy on the late quitter.

/edit these are all eggs from my flock. about to set 12 more chicks once I gather the eggs from the nesting box.

Back
Top Bottom