• Invest in New Technology

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Increase Chicken Treats

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Purchase/add more Chicken Toys

Votes: 46 15.8%
  • Get More Chicks/Chickens

Votes: 165 56.7%
  • Add other poultry in addition to chickens (ducks, turkey etc.)

Votes: 65 22.3%
  • Reduce Feed Costs

Votes: 51 17.5%
  • Add a New Breed/s To My Flock

Votes: 124 42.6%
  • Reduce Flock Number

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • Nothing, will keep things as is

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • Participate in a Hatch-A-Long

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Build NEW Coop and/or Run

Votes: 38 13.1%
  • Buy a New Coop and/or Run

Votes: 14 4.8%

• Total voters
It's hard to believe another year is passing. As the popular old saying goes, “There’s always next year.” Flock management, forage, infrastructure? Identifying areas in need of improvement is always a must in most areas of life. And the same goes when it comes to your backyard flock. As 2020 bids us goodbye, what are your plans for 2021 when it comes to your beloved backyard flock?

View attachment 2453419

Here's another exciting 2021 Resolutions Poll.

(Then check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Have none except survival of the clan.. and defence of those that are chicken.

We’re move cross country so we’ll be building a new coop and run. I love my coop here but hubby will do a great job on the new one too. Unfortunately I can’t take all my chickens with me so they’ve found a new home but I hope to take two of my mix breed bantams! You just can’t beat the colors of my rooster. I’m also taking some new serama chickens with me. I found a very kind man whose selling them to me for a great price!! . I don’t have them yet, but I will once it warms up a bit. So for 2021 I plan to breed some seramas and I’m really excited about that. Once moved, I’ll get just a few standard layers and maybe a rooster. I just lost my wonderful rooster, Deeks! By the way... I think my bantam eggs taste better then my standard chicken eggs. SO much flavor!!

We’re move cross country so we’ll be building a new coop and run. I love my coop here but hubby will do a great job on the new one too. Unfortunately I can’t take all my chickens with me so they’ve found a new home but I hope to take two of my mix breed bantams! You just can’t beat the colors of my rooster. I’m also taking some new serama chickens with me. I found a very kind man whose selling them to me for a great price!! . I don’t have them yet, but I will once it warms up a bit. So for 2021 I plan to breed some seramas and I’m really excited about that. Once moved, I’ll get just a few standard layers and maybe a rooster. I just lost my wonderful rooster, Deeks! By the way... I think my bantam eggs taste better then my standard chicken eggs. SO much flavor!!
Small but tasty, limited in number.. Hens are so little and don't last long due to the attitude while brooding. They get stomped by the bigguns.. and the daddy rooster meets all expectations, of a banty rooster. Plan for 2021 is to repair the run pulled down by heavy snow.. and repair one more window now boarded, the Jersey Giants broke.. and of course clean out the deep bedding to the garden and remove some more from the run and build a new raised bed in the garden.. and till the run for better water absorption.. Then it becomes 2022.. don't egg me on.

Last edited:
Adding new ducks, hatching some of my own chicks and some shipped eggs of new breeds, adding some dual purpose birds to add in to my bloodline and have some freezer birds, and of course join in to any of the hatchalongs that I can. :p oh, and adding frankenchickens to try this year as well.

Back
Top Bottom