What bantam breed is she?

puppyduks

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2013
We have house chickens. We like them much better than parakeets or parrots. We know the black one is a Polish (and we are guessing a rooster) but we don't know what breed our sweet little hen is. Anyone know?
20210509_214544.jpg
20210509_214544.jpg

Attachments

• 20210511_174430.jpg
    20210511_174430.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210511_174408.jpg
    20210511_174408.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 6
I’m not sure on breeds but do you have somewhere for them to dust bath? Do you have somewhere for them to dig their hearts out? Are they permanently staying inside? Do you let them out for at least a few hours a day? Chickens aren’t “house pets” their backyard pets. It’s cruel to keep them inside that cage all day everyday unless it’s benefiting them in someway. When I say benefiting I don’t mean “predators can’t reach them in our house so their safer here then outside” because that’s obviously not true, your dogs sleep under them, also if that’s what your worried about then build a chicken coop with a run. If it’s because you don’t have enough room in your garden for chickens (which I hope you just don’t have enough room for a coop) then your chickens can sleep inside a dark room but then be let outside first thing in the morning. That cage also looks terribly boring for a chicken, there is sticks but they get awfully boring when their the only thing you have. If you have a patio and can put a coop on your patio for night then they can free range the rest of the day.

They do look young so I hope that means once they’re bigger you have somewhere outside to put them, but if you don’t I’d definitely start working on something to keep them in not inside :)

I’m not sure on breeds but do you have somewhere for them to dust bath? Do you have somewhere for them to dig their hearts out? Are they permanently staying inside? Do you let them out for at least a few hours a day? Chickens aren’t “house pets” their backyard pets. It’s cruel to keep them inside that cage all day everyday unless it’s benefiting them in someway. When I say benefiting I don’t mean “predators can’t reach them in our house so their safer here then outside” because that’s obviously not true, your dogs sleep under them, also if that’s what your worried about then build a chicken coop with a run. If it’s because you don’t have enough room in your garden for chickens (which I hope you just don’t have enough room for a coop) then your chickens can sleep inside a dark room but then be let outside first thing in the morning. That cage also looks terribly boring for a chicken, there is sticks but they get awfully boring when their the only thing you have. If you have a patio and can put a coop on your patio for night then they can free range the rest of the day.

They do look young so I hope that means once they’re bigger you have somewhere outside to put them, but if you don’t I’d definitely start working on something to keep them in not inside :)
They are out during the daytime. They get the run of the yards. Inside at night and during bad weather. They will come running and jump up on my hand. They love being in the cage, but when they get bigger they will go in a proper coop. My Barnevelder and BCM pullets are already in coops, and I have a half dozen banties that free range the horse pasture during the day.

They are out during the daytime. They get the run of the yards. Inside at night and during bad weather. They will come running and jump up on my hand. They love being in the cage, but when they get bigger they will go in a proper coop. My Barnevelder and BCM pullets are already in coops, and I have a half dozen banties that free range the horse pasture during the day.
I’m glad. I’m sorry, it’s been a recent trend I’m seeing on the internet of people keeping chickens in small cages as their ‘house pets’. I think you know what your doing and I’ll leave you to it :)

Back
Top Bottom