What bread machine do you have and how well do you like it?

Quote:
Do you bake in it or just use the dough cycle?

I bake all our bread in it. I have not used the dough cycle as I never seem to have the time!! I mainly use the ciabbatta loaf and the rapid bake loaf which bakes in 2 hours. I also have made cakes and fruit bread with great success.

Quote:
I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and the bread machine is by far better at making a good dough than the Kitchen Aid mixer.

I have a kitchen aid mixer that I use. Hmmmmm...I might have to go shopping for a bread machine when I see what everyone recommends to you.
smile.png

Quote:
I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and the bread machine is by far better at making a good dough than the Kitchen Aid mixer.

I have a kitchen aid mixer that I use. Hmmmmm...I might have to go shopping for a bread machine when I see what everyone recommends to you.
smile.png

It's really nice that they have really come down in price over the years.

BettyR..Wow! That all looks wonderful. The cinnamon rolls look heavenly!

I am glad this topic came up. I have a Regal my Mom bought me about 15 years ago. It was not an expensive model but I have not had any problems with it until now. So I have been looking for a new one and not sure what to purchase either. I use both the dough cycle and bake cycle depending on what I want to make and the amount of time I have.

i requested a bread machine for Christmas but I know I wont get it. After seeing those yummy recipes Im going to have to go and get one for myself.
clap.gif

I got the Breadman Ultimate Plus from Target because it has all sorts of gluten-free settings and recipes. I'm from a family with lots of celiac disease, so this is important.

I love the thing! Tons of settings for everything you can imagine. I'm tickled with it and would spend the $80 again in a heartbeat.

Around here you can get bread machines at garage sales for $4 I bought two just in case something happens to the first one. I bake in mine and also use it just for the dough. I would check your local Goodwill or thirft shop before you go buy a brand new one....just a thought.

Quote:
I've been looking at the T-Fal Emerilware Bread-and-Baguette Maker... it's supposed to mix 3 pounds of dough which is what I used to mix in my old 2 pound machine for two loaves of bread. I've scoured the net looking for reviews for it and found a few...mostly good but one said the gasket that holds the glass window on gave way and they returned the machine. I'm hoping this was an isolated incident because I really like the features on this machine.

Most of the reviews are for the Zojirushi BBCCX20 and most of them are good reviews but there are some bad ones and almost all of the bad reviews say the exact same thing...that the bread bakes unevenly and all the ingredients don't all get mixed in well. The machine is over $200.00 and for that much money I would want the thing to do just about everything but kiss me goodnight.

There are also a lot of reviews for the Breadman Ultimate Plus and they are just about all good...it's a 2 pound machine and it's reasonably priced; The Panasonic SD-YD250 priced at around $130.00 gets good reviews and the Sunbeam 5891 gets good reviews for the bread maker on a budget and around $50.00.

It's something I'm going to do some thinking about.

Betty, you've read what I've read. I hadn't read about that T-Fal Emerilware unit, I'll have to poke around for it myself. The Zojirushi is so far over the others in price, I'm still trying to figure out what it's got that the Breadman doesn't. The reviews are definitely mixed!

Back
Top Bottom