What bread machine do you have and how well do you like it?

I use my panasonic for all our bread and as i work full time with a family and animals I would not have time to do it the other way. Now I just put the ingredients in, start it and forget it!! And the bread is lovely!

I'm looking for one too. Checked out QVC.com and they have a few. Might get the Cook's essential and try it. If you don't like what you buy from them they take it back withing 30 days no questions asked! I like that part!
smile.png

Quote:
I like to order from Amazon for the same reason. Any time I have ever needed to return anything they have always been so good about prompt refunds.

Quote:
No, sorry, I didn't.
big_smile.png
I got the recipe off the internet.

Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls for the bread machine
By Jackie Henderson.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 1/4 cup water
3 cups flour
2 tbsp dry milk
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry yeast

Combine ingredients in bread machin and put through the entire dough cycle. Remove and roll out onto a foured surface in a rectangle shape. Melt additional 1/2 cup of butter and pour enough of the melted butter into 2 pie plates to cover the bottom. Spread rest of butter onto the dough.

Sprinkle brown sugar in each pie plate and over dough. Sprinkle cinnamon over dough, then roll up dough lengthwise to make long rope. Cut into 1" slices and place cut side down in pie plates. Cover and let rise 2 hrs.

Bake are 350 degree oven till goldne brown on top. Remove from oven and immediately invert (flip) pie plates on a sheet of wax paper. Cool. Serve warm with butter, freezes well.

Ok that is the original recipe....

I usually double it... and make some changes

2 cups water
6 cups flour
6 T sugar
1 stick butter (REAL)
1/2 cup milk
2 t salt
2 pkts yeast

I let it go through the dough cycle (about 1 hr) I roll it out and cut it.

Sometime I make them small so I separate the dough into smaller amounts to make smaller rolls. I then put butter and brown sugar in pan (s) and on dough, I also put on cinnamon on the dough, then roll it up and cut it. I think I add more butter to the pan than they say. I am pretty heavy with the brown sugar in the roll, but I like them better when there isn't an extreme amount in the pan.

I do not let it rise again, I just put it in the oven to bake right then. Usually they take about 25-35 min (I have never timed them) to cook. When they are brown I take them out and flip them on a baking sheet. I have to tell everyone to be careful because they all want to dig in immediately!

Enjoy, I hop I haven't left anything out...I am not a real recipe cook...I am look at recipes and then decide what I want to do kind of cook.
roll.png

About 14 years ago, one of my husband's daughters gave us a small bread machine (1 lb loaf max) that has the vertically oriented baking pan), and I use it for making dough which I then shape into rolls, foccacia and bread in loaf pans. I'd love a new, bigger capacity one. I once made a recipe from a magazine that turned out made a 1.5 lb loaf, and the rising dough spilled out all over the place. Fun to clean up!

Quote:
My thoughts exactly...when my machine broke I was sorry to see it go...it was a really great machine but I also have been wanting a bigger machine. The T-Fal machine is supposed to make 3 pounds of dough and also has baguette pans that fit in it. I don't think I'm even going to wait for Christmas to order. The more I look around at other bread machine the more I'm convinced that is the one I want.

I was recently searching in a rather nice department store looking for the bread machines, the sales lady told me that bread machines were a thing of the past, nobody uses those anymore...she said what I needed was a stand mixer. I told her I have a stand mixer...what I want is a bread machine.

I'm glad to see that she was wrong. I would hate it if they stopped making bread machines and as long as folks keep buying them they will keep making them.

Good for us!!!

Back
Top Bottom