What bread machine do you have and how well do you like it?

I've always steered away from bread machines because I thought they made loaves that were dense and heavy. Am I wrong? We like really soft fluffly bread in our house. Your recipes really make me want to buy one though - those cinnamon rolls look to die for!.

I have to go to the store today. It seems all the recipes I keep finding call for powdered milk and vital wheat gluten.

Shellie~ That's great about finding it on freecycle, that's better than my 10.00 model
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well red, lucky for me, the lady found the book. Check allrecipes.com for bread machine recipes. There's ALOT. Including just doughs to mix up and bake in the oven (like fresh italian, challah, or focaccia). Yummy!
Mine makes awesome pizza dough. I may never order in again
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and the bread machine is by far better at making a good dough than the Kitchen Aid mixer.

Why do you think the bread machine is better for making dough? I have made dough both ways. I have a professional series mixer with lots of power but have only made dough with it once. Seemed fine to me. Do bread machines mix more completely or make better gluten with the flour?

I usually buy bread at an outlet as we go through so much of it at our home but do want to do more baking I even have a bread mill to mill my own grain. It attached to my Kitchen aid and I love it.

I bought a Welbilt ABM2H22 off of Craigslist and the guy delivered it to my office this morning! There was no manual, but I found it online and printed it. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. I paid $25 for it, which I though was pretty good since he was going to deliver it. What do you think? Did I get an OK deal?

Quote:
Good for you! I think you'll like it. The people I got mine from met me at a Lowe's. I appreciated that because I don't like to go to strange people's homes.

Here is yesterdays bread:
IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom