What breed is he?

More likely that you just misinterpreted his early warning signs as cute and funny.

His son is already showing signs of aggression. Have you ever had a very young cockeral show sign of aggression? He is only the size of my foot and will fluff his feathers at me.

Yep. Got one out in the coop right now, 8 weeks old, that tries charging me and pecks my feet. He's dinner just as soon as he's big enough. There are other signs though, like wing dipping, dancing, crowing non-stop in your presence, and not getting out of your way. A lot of newbies see these behaviors as cute or friendly, but the reality is that they are the tip of the iceberg that you are a collision course with.

Yep. Got one out in the coop right now, 8 weeks old, that tries charging me and pecks my feet. He's dinner just as soon as he's big enough. There are other signs though, like wing dipping, dancing, crowing non-stop in your presence, and not getting out of your way. A lot of newbies see these behaviors as cute or friendly, but the reality is that they are the tip of the iceberg that you are a collision course with.

He did dance and crow for us occasionally what is wing dipping?

Back
Top Bottom