What breed is this rooster?

KristinaM

Chirping
Oct 18, 2023
I have 24 chickens and i buy different breeds. I have from Japanese Silkies, Brahmas to Naked Neck Chickens etc. Recently I bought a rooster and I have no idea what breed he is, I just fell in love with him the moment I saw him. He’s still quite young, but he is already quite big, almost bigger than my naked neck rooster, so I was wondering if anyone knew what breed he is. I also apologize for the quality of the picture, it’s the only one I have of him for now :)

Attachments

• 791d3ba5-aaba-4a1a-a790-30697da59d72.jpeg
    791d3ba5-aaba-4a1a-a790-30697da59d72.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 63
The way he carries himself reminds me of a Langshan- but he has clean legs so maybe a Langshan cross? Doesn't jump out as any purebred but I'd happy to be wrong!

And I agree he's a cool looking bird.

The way he carries himself reminds me of a Langshan- but he has clean legs so maybe a Langshan cross? Doesn't jump out as any purebred but I'd happy to be wrong!

And I agree he's a cool looking bird.
I guess I’ll see when he grows up, he hasn’t even started crowing yet and he’s already huge, that’s actually why I thought he wasn’t an ordinary rooster. Recently he hurt his leg, he can’t stand on it at all, it seems almost paralysed, but the same thing happened to my naked neck rooster and he was fine after a while. I just hope he’ll be alright, he’s just a few months old :)

Back
Top Bottom