What Breed Is It? Cochin?

SEX-LINK..... idk really but it is a cochin i have breed a Red Roo on a barred Hen and had pullets look like that but its probably a partridge like everyone else says.

the brown and black hen is called brown red the male is probably the same color. The pic is dark and it is hard to tell, but the brown red and partridge males look very similar.

Last edited:
Cochins for sure, but they are definately older than 9 weeks. I'd put them at 5-6 months or older just by the photos. They look like a mix between golden-laced and black.

SEX-LINK..... idk really but it is a cochin i have breed a Red Roo on a barred Hen and had pullets look like that but its probably a partridge like everyone else says.

LOL I wasn't saying they were sex-link- I was saying the color is LIKE a BSL.
lau.gif

I KNOW they are cochins, and not partridge. I have partridge cochins(LF). Still- I'd like to get a few of them. That's one color I don't have yet. Love it!​

Quote:
Someone finally got it right. They're Brown Red Cochin Bantams.

Last edited:
:)THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP.
I sure that is what they are I'll need to breed them to get the desired Brown Red Cochin Bantam look and that shouldn't be to hard the hens look good but the Rooster could use a little work.

I would also have to say they must be older then 9 weeks but they are still not full grown. They look older in the pitchers then they really are. They still don't have all the adult feathers, so they might look better with age.

Quote:
Actually I like the male better than the female in the larger picture. She's narrow in the back w/o much of a cushion, the lacing in her breast is indistinct & she shows some shafting in the breast feathers. The other picture is too small to see much.

Back
Top Bottom