What breed is my adopted hen??

kirstyc1984

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Hi guys i adopted Daisy' about 3 weeks ago...can anybody tell me what breed she is??

Thanks!

Def. not a Leghorn, and probably not a mix either--at least not a mix of a white Leghorn. All the offspring of a white Leghorn will be white, often with black spots.

Hmmm the mind boggles..lol. She has quite a big comb, and is a plump ol' bird..im only used to small bantums so am interested to find out :)

Def. not a Leghorn, and probably not a mix either--at least not a mix of a white Leghorn. All the offspring of a white Leghorn will be white, often with black spots.
leghorns come in several different colors, and i don't know of any other breeds that commonly have the floppy combs. could have brown leghorn in her.

Thats great thank everyone..seems like shes a bit of a mix..thought she was odd looking :-0

leghorns come in several different colors, and i don't know of any other breeds that commonly have the floppy combs. could have brown leghorn in her.

I've seen floppy combs in EEs that didn't get the pea comb, in RIR, in Speckled Sussex, and others. Ironically, my brown Leghorn combs didn't flop over.

I do think it's possible she has brown Leghorn in her; I guess I didn't express myself well. My point was that she couldn't be a WHITE Leghorn mix, since that specific white gene is extremely dominant and all offspring are white.

Last edited:
She only has 4 toes but for some reason she reminds me of a Dorking mix. But she also has red earlobes doesn't she, need to get a brown egg layer in the mix somehow. Funny that most floppy comb breeds are white egg layers.

Back
Top Bottom