What breed is my rooster?

Definitely bantam. Pretty sure he's an Old English Game bantam. Just not sure what variety. He looks like a diluted Red Pile. Not sure if it's Cream or Lavender that is doing the diluting though, since the dominant white is covering any black.
Old English Bantams used to be used for cockfighting, right? They're supposed be an aggressive breed? I haven't noticed really any aggression in him towards my hens- is his behavior likely to change as he gets older and become aggressive to my other chickens?

Old English Bantams used to be used for cockfighting, right? They're supposed be an aggressive breed? I haven't noticed really any aggression in him towards my hens- is his behavior likely to change as he gets older and become aggressive to my other chickens?
A few hundred years ago, the standard sized were used for cockfighting. The bantams have never been used for that purpose. They are pets more than anything. Most are very sweet birds. Roosters, regardless of breed, aren't usually aggressive towards hens. Aggression is usually reserved for unknown roosters trying to take over a territory.

A few hundred years ago, the standard sized were used for cockfighting. The bantams have never been used for that purpose. They are pets more than anything. Most are very sweet birds. Roosters, regardless of breed, aren't usually aggressive towards hens. Aggression is usually reserved for unknown roosters trying to take over a territory.
Oh okay, well thank you for the information and breed identification of my roo!

Back
Top Bottom