What breed is she?

WapsiChicks

Chirping
Jan 28, 2021
Iowa
Hi All, I'm trying to idenfity what breed this laying hen is. She was sold to me as a Prairie Bluebell Egger but doesn't look anything like my other PBBEs nor is she laying a blue egg. Now I understand I could have one that just so happens to fall under the small percentage that doesn't lay a colored egg but because the egg is cream and she looks so wildly different from my other PBBEs, I thought I'd post and see what everyone thought. The one I'm trying to identify is ginger/brown, has a single comb and has cheek feathers and a top hat that's kind of fallen over time. She's about 21 weeks old. Posting photos of my other PBBEs (Gray and Dark mottled) that are laying blue eggs and that are the same age. Hoping you all have some ideas! Thanks in advance!
20210830_185256.jpg
20210830_184906.jpg
20210821_200355.jpg
20210821_200320.jpg
Resized_20210830_112720.jpeg

Her face is exactly the same as one of mine polish cross hens, wow😳, feet colour too. I have few of them and she is very similar with them. So I'm gonna guess a crossbreed

Her face is exactly the same as one of mine polish cross hens, wow😳, feet colour too. I have few of them and she is very similar with them. So I'm gonna guess a crossbreed
Supposedly from Hoover's website they say "This breed was created by crossing Araucanas and White Leghorns." You never know though! These crosses are sometimes a mystery 😁.

Back
Top Bottom