What Breed is This Beautiful Bantam?

Galaxy Pickle

Hatching
Jun 6, 2023
I got this wee one from an assorted bin at TSC a little over 2 months ago. I’ve added a photo from about the 1 month mark and then today. I’ve looked up different breeds and haven’t seen one that even remotely looks like her. You can also kind of see in the photo that she has blue/purple feather mixed in.

I appreciate any help!! 💕

Attachments

• F060C642-EE65-48D7-B817-EBD493D58D04.jpeg
    F060C642-EE65-48D7-B817-EBD493D58D04.jpeg
    851.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 8B80C82B-3B5D-4513-A69C-39200D408865.jpeg
    8B80C82B-3B5D-4513-A69C-39200D408865.jpeg
    748.1 KB · Views: 23
I’ve looked up different breeds and haven’t seen one that even remotely looks like her. You can also kind of see in the photo that she has blue/purple feather mixed in.
Welcome to BYC! :frow

she's a he for starters.

Doesn't look like a breed I'm familiar with or anything I would consider a pure pattern.. which make me think possible EE or OE.

However.. I'm very unfamiliar with the games.. My TSC orders from Hoovers and they don't offer bantam EE/OE best I can tell.. they do have assorted old English game bantams.. I'm not sure if this is what silver duckwing looks like in it's juvenile phase. The green and purle are just iridescence from the black. Do you know which hatchery your TSC uses? That helps narrow down possibilities.

https://www.hoovershatchery.com/search.html?search=bantam

I have one who looks just like yours that I got from TS about 8 weeks ago (May 2nd I believe it was). He started trying to crow at about 4-5 weeks old. He's got it down pretty good now lol. Mine is so sweet (I pray that he stays that way). He loves being held, and loves attention. When I'm bending down cleaning waterers or anything else in the coop, he jumps up on my shoulder or back. I say he's my pocket rooster with Little Man Syndrome lol. I posted a pick of mine when he was a little asking if anyone knew what he was and I was told the same thing. Silver Duckwing OEGB (Old English Game Bantam). If I remember, I'll share a picture of my little man here tomorrow.

I got this wee one from an assorted bin at TSC a little over 2 months ago. I’ve added a photo from about the 1 month mark and then today. I’ve looked up different breeds and haven’t seen one that even remotely looks like her. You can also kind of see in the photo that she has blue/purple feather mixed in.

I appreciate any help!! 💕
Looks like my spangled old English game bantams... The one is front is one I'm referring to

Attachments

• received_564358452570787.jpeg
    received_564358452570787.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom