What breed is this brown, speckled chick?

Beard + peacomb + willow legs = Easter Egger. The chipmunk colours are really common with them. She'll likely grow to look something like this:

1590630428088.png

We got this little girl on May 19, 2020 from Murray McMurray Hatchery in a group of assorted layers. Can anybody help me identify her breed?
View attachment 2152048

These pics were taken, 05/19/2020 when she was about 1-3 days old. She's quite the sprightly little thing, very active, and bossy, LOL!

Thank you.😊
Mala is now a year old. She is an Ameicauna (according to the hatchery). She lays an olive-colored egg with a blue interior, which the hatchery says happens in a small percentage of the breed. She's a quiet, loving bird who loves her lap-time.
20210402_170826.jpg

Mala is an "Ameraucana", originally developed in the 1970s, derived from the Araucana. Due to genetic variations about 5% of hatchlings may lay eggs where the outside shell is green or brown instead of blue, but the interior of the shell is always blue. The "Ameraucana" breed was admitted into the standard of Perfection by the American Poultry Association in 1984. I verified her breed with the hatchery. ❤

She is an Ameicauna
She is not an Ameraucana.
Mala is an "Ameraucana"
No. She's is most definitely not.
I verified her breed with the hatchery. ❤
They are wrong.

She is an Easter Egger.

Here's my article on how to tell the difference if you would like. :D

Just click the image. :)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Difference between Easter Eggers and Ameraucanas! With Review. (Optional)

Intro = = = = = = = = = = = 🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔❤️🐔 @TheOddOneOut is the only other person who I have seen touch on this subject. A link to her thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hink-you-have-an-ameraucana-do-check.1421663/ She goes through all the basics. I wanted to go a bit...

She is also a non standard color.

Ameraucanas come in:

self blue (lavender), blue, wheaten, blue wheaten, blue, black, brown red, buff, and silver. She is none of those.

She is however a very common color in EEs. :D

Back
Top Bottom