What breed is this chicken???

After looking at sooo many pictures of black and white chickens I finally found a match !
It's a columbian wyandotte
smile.png

What breed do you think my black hens are??? They were in wrong spot at the feed store and I would say I should have googled first but it's a happy mistake they are sweet hearts!!! the spot they were in said light brahma!!!! I went back for my light brahma but I didn't have the heart to take them back!!!!

I was between that and a jersey gaint!! they are kinda teal!!
This coloring is very normal for australorps, they have a greenish sheen to their feathers. But, jersey giants often do also. I agree with those fluffy butts they are likely australorps, also aussies are a much more common breed. But the definitive test is to look at the bottoms of their feet. Jersey giants will have yellow on the bottoms of their feet, whereas australorps should have white or pinkish feet.

Thanks their feet are white! I sm trying to figure out who is laying eggs!! I have dark brown brown with speckles and brown and blue but I know those are the easter eggers! What the sign said where isa brown my friend thinks are red stars so who knows!

Thanks their feet are white! I sm trying to figure out who is laying eggs!! I have dark brown brown with speckles and brown and blue but I know those are the easter eggers! What the sign said where isa brown my friend thinks are red stars so who knows!

Sometimes my Australorps lay speckled eggs, but in general they are medium brown. Hens that are laying will have bigger redder combs.

Isa browns and red stars are both different names for red sex links, so they are basically the same thing. :)

What color are barred rocks and light Brahma? I Don't thi my silver and gold WYD are old enough yet and the lady I got my silkies from said the would be cream!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom