What breed is this guy?

Tchase88

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2020
According to the answer from the hatchery they think this is an Easter egger. What do you all think? Not that it really matters what he is, I’m just curious. Does anyone have a rooster that looks like him? Will he get more colorful than this? He’s still pretty young, about 4-5 months.
BC85E980-77F0-45E6-9605-E1ED981CDA10.jpeg

What hatchery?
What did you order? (Eggs, chicks, specific breeds, a mix)

A photo of the front of his comb would help, too.

What hatchery?
What did you order? (Eggs, chicks, specific breeds, a mix)

A photo of the front of his comb would help, too.

I will have to get a photo after work today. I ordered 15 pullets from Hoover’s hatchery.
3 gold lace wyandottes
3 silver lace Wyandotte
2 Blue lace Red wyandotte
2 Midnight majesty marans
2 Saphire Olive egger
3 Americana (though pretty sure these are EEs)
Going of this list everyone is accounted for except one blue lace red. I believe he was suppose to be my other one though he looks nothing like what the one I do have.

Going of this list everyone is accounted for except one blue lace red. I believe he was suppose to be my other one though he looks nothing like what the one I do have.

Then that is probably what he is.

He appears to have a rose comb (which is right for a Wyandotte), he's laced, and he's sort-of got some red.

How is he different than the other one? Do you have a picture of the other one too?

Male vs. female have slightly different color patterns in laced Wyandottes.

"Blue" chickens tend to produce some offspring with black, some with blue, and some with splash (those would show up in the lacing, not the red part of the feathers.)

Obviously he's not a pullet, but you've already figured that out :)

Lol. I don’t have high expectations on hatcheries, but the stores around here never seem to have what I wanted.
Here is my other one. Picture is from September but her colors haven’t changed from this.
476C2870-CAB7-4251-87B5-7A62FB5A8CF0.jpeg

I think it's mostly male/female differences, with his color also being a bit odd (red in some places, pale in others.)

Yes, I think he could be a hatchery-quality Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

The female is really pretty!

Back
Top Bottom