What breed is this guy?

kWEEN_k0BRA

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
He’s fairly large, a hair bigger than my 5 month old Brahma, who is towering over the rest of my girls. Picked him up from an older couple who had taken their son’s chickens after he got bored with them, they didn’t really know anything about him. This picture does not do him justice, he’s a gorgeous bird. Just the tips of his hackle feathers are more yellow with orange/red, and his iridescence is WILD, but hard to capture. VERY green/purple, especially on a cloudy day. He went from an absolute terror (almost made it to the pot, I’ve got a post on here about it lol) to the BEST boyfriend. Loves his girls very much, but still pretty timid around people, although that could be from his previous owners and not a breed typical behavior. I am very curious to see his offspring with our other girls. We’ve got a buff Brahma, 2 Ameracaunas, a black Australorp, a silver-laced Wyandotte, an Idaho Blue, and a Barred Rock.

Attachments

• 8DA475D7-7DBB-4505-A338-416E358433B7.jpeg
    8DA475D7-7DBB-4505-A338-416E358433B7.jpeg
    941.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
He does have great sheen to his feathers. He could be an Australorp mix, a black sex link mix, and there are many other possibilities. If he is good with the ladies and isn't human aggressive then he is definitely worth keeping.
We definitely plan on keeping him, he is a very sweet gentleman now.

Back
Top Bottom