What breed is this little blue muffed banty?

BantamCochin

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
Got this little one out of the local feed store bantam bin. Their supplier is Dunlap hatchery in idaho. It is clean legged, slate blue legs and feathers. Comb looks to be rose or pea, but not a single comb. Seems to have slightly puffy muffed ? cheeks, especially noticeable when it was 3 days old. I have noticed its wing feathers are very long. It likes to perch and is friendly, very easy-going personality. Definitely the families favorite! We named it "Finch" because it looked like a tiny finch when we first got it. The first 2 pics are when it was 3 days old, the rest of the pics are current, at about 4 weeks of age. Thanks!

61854_dsc02197.jpg

61854_dsc02200.jpg

61854_dsc02584.jpg

61854_dsc02578.jpg

61854_dsc02583.jpg

61854_dsc02575.jpg

61854_dsc02587.jpg

Thank you for the input. I thought maybe a blue D'Anver as well, but that hatchery does not sell them. She is small like a micro-sized but not flighty, very calm, curious and friendly. Silkie crossed my mind but she does not have any extra toes and her feathering looks normal. That hatchery does sell bantam aracauna(EE)but I didnt know if there is such a thing as a self blue bantam Ameruacana/EE. Any ideas?
Thanks for the compliment, pixiedouglas, we agree, she is cute!

Quote:
That link is the Ameraucanas club, not EE's. It's possible, but not very common for them to magically be standard colors.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom