what breed is this???? please hellppp

jatk92

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 4, 2012
mount airy, nc
hey i am a beginner when it comes to raising chickens but i am familiar with allot of the local breeds. i bought what i thought was a red Pyle old english game bantam but afterward i found a problem. after i study the bird over when i got them home i notice that the comb of then hen was a rose comb and the comb of the the rooster looked like a straight comb but it didn't look "right". i also bought some young red Pyle's from the same guy and notice that my young cock also had a rose comb. the body of these bantams has the same shape as my other old english its just the comb is different. i later asked the guy i got them from and he didn't know anything about it, he got the chickens from someone else earlier in the winter and haven't notice the combs (he was a beginner too). so my question is .. is this a different breed of bantam, not old english, or are they mixed.. and if they are mixed breeds are they still worth some thing or are they useless???

pics? depends on what you want them for no chicken is really ever useless to me, bug control, eggs, meat, ect...

They are all worth something since everyone wants bantams...I'd love to swap hatching eggs w/you...the older parents: you have an old english that's red pyle...they could be pures as for the rest with the fault of rosecombs.

i would buy some eggs as long as they werent to much...i'm thinking that they are oegb with seabright mixed in some weres

lol could this breed red pyle sebrights???? cause that would be cool
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom