What breed is this sweet bird?

Oranges

Hatching
Jul 13, 2020
Orange County CA
Hello! (This is kind of a repost from here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-with-breed-and-or-sex.1397428/
Hope no one minds that I'm trying again with a little more specificity to see if I can get any more replies).

I'm very curious about the breed of this bird. She (we hope she's a pullet, anyway) is 8 weeks old in this photo and is so sweet and tolerant of my crazy kids. At the same time, she seems just fine standing up for herself against our (alleged) cockerel. When she was a chick she was a lot smaller than our three others, but now she's caught up in size. Does anyone know what she might be? I've seen similar looking posts here where the responses say the bird could be simply "mixed-breed". In that case, is there any point to try to figure out what breeds the bird is a mix of? I guess it doesn't really matter that much WHAT she is, but I'm just curious to learn more about her breed's characteristics.

Thank you!

IMG_2143.jpg

Hello! (This is kind of a repost from here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-with-breed-and-or-sex.1397428/
Hope no one minds that I'm trying again with a little more specificity to see if I can get any more replies).

I'm very curious about the breed of this bird. She (we hope she's a pullet, anyway) is 8 weeks old in this photo and is so sweet and tolerant of my crazy kids. At the same time, she seems just fine standing up for herself against our (alleged) cockerel. When she was a chick she was a lot smaller than our three others, but now she's caught up in size. Does anyone know what she might be? I've seen similar looking posts here where the responses say the bird could be simply "mixed-breed". In that case, is there any point to try to figure out what breeds the bird is a mix of? I guess it doesn't really matter that much WHAT she is, but I'm just curious to learn more about her breed's characteristics.

Thank you!

View attachment 2250384
She looks like a buff Brahma missing the leg feathers.

Back
Top Bottom