What breed is this? (Was told she would be a barred Plymouth Rock when she was a chick)

Makjo

Chirping
Mar 26, 2023
Update: SHE IS AN OLIVE EGGER LOL. Thank you for your help guys :)

Hello!!! I have a little gal and I have NO idea what she is supposed to be. I was told one thing and she seems to be another. She has a funny little hairdo and quite the personality.

Attachments

• IMG_6944.jpeg
    IMG_6944.jpeg
    750.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6945.jpeg
    IMG_6945.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6946.jpeg
    IMG_6946.jpeg
    742 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6948.jpeg
    IMG_6948.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6947.jpeg
    IMG_6947.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6949.jpeg
    IMG_6949.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
"Easter Egger" is sort of a catchall term for any hybrids of Araucana or Ameraucana chickens with any other breed. They also can have beards or muffs - but I've never seen one with a crested head like yours; there are several "crested" breeds. I'd guess that your girl is a cross between a Barred Plymouth Rock and one of the crested breeds.

"Easter Egger" is sort of a catchall term for any hybrids of Araucana or Ameraucana chickens with any other breed. They also can have beards or muffs - but I've never seen one with a crested head like yours; there are several "crested" breeds. I'd guess that your girl is a cross between a Barred Plymouth Rock and one of the crested breeds.
They can have crests too. There’s “new” EEs going around that are Legbar mixed instead of Am and have single combs, yellow legs, and often crested, but lay colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom