What breed is this young lady?

AngelicEwe

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 25, 2011
This is Frankie. I bought her last Friday from one of my local stockfeed places. The lady where I got her from told me the breed, but I've forgotten it. I do believe she is pure bred as the lady used to breed and show her birds. Apparently it is a large breed, and takes about a year to fully mature. They resemble a wedge tailed eagle.

102_7579_2.jpg

102_7595_1.jpg

102_7584_1.jpg

Notice the extra 'toenail'? She has this on both feet and apparently it's a characteristic of the breed. She also said they are a pretty docile breed and don't mind being handled, but a lot of people seem to think they're aggressive.
Any suggestions would be wonderful
smile.png
Thank you in advance for your time!

I don't think she is any of those, but thank you for the suggestions Mahonri
smile.png
If it helps any, she has very long legs. My Aussie Game hen and her run around together and they both look like raptors lol
smile.png

Some kinda game bird. Old english game? And how old is "she". Are you sure of "her" gender?
93695_peppo2.jpg

Similar?
Except for those legs, I would think Rhode Island Red.

Last edited:
I can't help you with breed, but I'm also thinking roo and would be interested in the age. Those are some mighty thick legs!

Looks like a he, honestly, not a she.

Most definitely not a Shamo, Cornish, or Asil, he's just a young Partridge Chantecler missing his tail. That or a Chantecler mutt.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom