What breed is this?

cherylmarie

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
hello friends, purchased this rooster at tractor supply. Not what they said. Not surprised. What is he?
Thanks!
IMG_4909 (1).jpg

What was he supposed to be. Looks like an olive egger.
I actually don't remember, but it was a breed I was familiar with, or had before, and this one doesn't look like any of my others. Just curious. I have one other rooster that came with him that looks identical.

hello friends, purchased this rooster at tractor supply. Not what they said. Not surprised. What is he?
Thanks!View attachment 3740772
He doesn't look like any pure breed I can think of, and he certainly isn't one of the common Red Sexlinks or Black Sexlinks.

Since he came from Tractor Supply, that means he would have been hatched at a hatchery, and they don't do random mixes. All their mixes have specific purposes. "Easter Egger" and "Olive Egger" are the types of mixes that are most likely to look like he does.

So I would guess either Easter Egger of Olive Egger, probably one of the versions that get their blue egg gene from Cream Legbars. He doesn't have the traits usually seen in the EEs that look like wanna-be Ameraucanas, or the OEs based on them.

Back
Top Bottom