Can Anyone Identify the Breed?

Lrs52200

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2022
He's absolutely gorgeous but there's no way he's a Buff Orpington. He was part of a straight run of Buff Orpington's although as a chick, he looked exactly like the Orpington's in every respect but suddenly, he's become this gorgeous peacock but I cannot identify the breed. A mix of some sort perhaps???
I purchased them from Tractor Supply about 6 months ago...so somewhere around October??
What's up with that whacky comb and yellow ear lobes??
Curious Rooster.jpg

Last edited:
He's absolutely gorgeous but there's no way he's a Buff Orpington. He was part of a straight run of Buff Orpington's although as a chick, he looked exactly like the Orpington's in every respect but suddenly, he's become this gorgeous peacock but I cannot identify the breed. A mix of some sort perhaps???
I purchased them from Tractor Supply about 6 months ago...so somewhere around October??
What's up with that whacky comb and yellow ear lobes??
View attachment 3767759
Easter Egger.

Easter Egger? Hmmmm....Okay, I'll go with that because I'm pretty sure that Tractor Supply has sold them in the past, although they had nothing but the buff's when I picked up this straight run.
Whatever he is, he sure is pretty. I'm going to try to breed him with some of my buff hens. I just wish I could keep him away from my little Bantams!!

Back
Top Bottom