What breed is your broody?

am so proud of our little fizzle precious..Her name is precious..she started to be broody in the hen house on the RIR hens eggs, that night I scooped her and her eggs up and put her in the little pen we have seperated for such as this awsome event..at the same time I took 2 Buff Orp. eggs and added to her little nest,now she has 7 eggs...April 5th right on time she hatched 4 RIRs and 1 buff orp...was at the feed store and saw 3 little black astrolorpe (we have l hen, didn't want her to be lonely Ha) at 9:30 pm. (very dark out) put the 3 little black chicks under her( she never moved)- I would have loved to see her this am...they are under her wing sleeping with the others, they all are eating out of the feeder as if they were "blood sisters" Ha. it is so funny ... so precious is now mother to 8 chicks and doing such a beautiful job....my first time hatching anything here but sure hope it won't be the last...will buy a digital camera (someone said that is what you need to post pics)...I have 3 first year layers (BO) hope some one goes broody...5 RIR, 1 Astrolorpe,1 americana, 1 game hen, 1 ee I think, very colorful and wonderful egg layer, 1 fizzle (Precious) 1 RIR huge roo, 1 Buff Orp. huge roo.
41 eggs in incubator (first time hatcher) - 18 chicks in brooder 3 wks old....fell in love with chickening Ha...love it, love it.. I used to laugh with the saying " do the chicken math " wow

So sweet, We just had a modern game hatch 5 little babies.
celebrate.gif

One is a showgirl easter-egger cross (read: delightfully odd looking mutt with silkie brooding instincts) and one is a standard splash cochin. Going on a week with the first one - thinking she needs to keep a few eggs. Just need to create a separate space.

My BA hatched 6 of her 7 last Thursday. Last night the 7th hatched in the incubator I took it out to her today after work watching carefully. She scooped it right under her. Have been checking off and on and so far so good. I was wondering if she would think there is something wrong with it cause it isnt as big as the others. Do you all think it will be ok?

I have a Bantam welsummer, silkie and a bantam silkieX wyndotte broodies. I had 2 Modern game bantams that were broody they hatched out one silkie egg together. last week
smile.png

My Bantam welsummer has been broody for couple months now

Back
Top Bottom