What breed of Chickens do I have?

84433_102_1058.jpg

See that comb? That's a HUGE pink comb for this age, and his wattles are coming in, too.

Also, I see that someone upthread said your feather-legged birds are dark Brahmas. That's totally plausible, I'd go with that--I'm not good with feather legged breed ID. Personally, I don't think you have any EEs in this bunch at all.

maclovesanimals, I thought you were the OP and was answering the OP in regards to their chickens' photos. As I stated in another thread, it's very confusing when you jump onto other peoples' threads.

Your bird could go either way as far as gender right now. I'm inclined to say male based on the feathering and the wattles coming in, but I'm only 75% sure.

That's like saying that a Dachshund and a Doberman are almost the same except for a few things and maybe legs.

OP, EEs and Ameraucanas sometimes look similar, but they are not the same. I don't know why people say they are. That's like saying a Buff Rock and a Buff Orpington are the same because they are the same color and lay the same color eggs.

chicken farmer, the only way we're going to get people to stop lying to their customers and actually label chicks correctly is if we call an Easter Egger an Easter Egger when we see it. Otherwise new chicken owners perpetuate the lie not knowing any better, and the seller gets away with it.
X2, perfectly stated!

Back
Top Bottom