What Breed Or Gender are these?

JulieAGill

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Can anyone give me an idea as to the gender and breed my two chicks are? the darker and smaller one was an orphan I found at three days old. The lighter and bigger one I bought at a feed store and was also supposedly three days old. At the feed store I was told the darker one was a rooster and the other a hen. Any feed back would be great. I also included pictures of some of the chickens that run the neighborhood. The darker one would have run with these if mama hadn't left it behind.

It is too young to tell gender for sure. I'm also not sure on the breed. The feed store chick looks a bit like an Easter Egger. The other bird may be a mixed breed.

I'd post more photos of these chicks in 2-4 weeks. By then, we should be able to tell gender and breed more accurately.

Okay, thank you. That's interesting that you think the feed store one looks like an easter egger. I was told she was a bantam, but, my receipt says americauna. I am really beginning to think they don't really know. I will post more pics in a few weeks.

It is too young to tell gender for sure. I'm also not sure on the breed. The feed store chick looks a bit like an Easter Egger. The other bird may be a mixed breed.

I'd post more photos of these chicks in 2-4 weeks. By then, we should be able to tell gender and breed more accurately.
x2

X3 on Wyandottes7's advice.

These two will be 8 weeks old on Wednesday. Any ideas on breed and gender?

This one will be 7 weeks old. Breed and gender?

These two are the siblings of the middle one. Mama is black and white. They are getting white feathers now too. Same question as to breed and gender.

Back
Top Bottom