What breed will you never have again? Me? It's...

I will never have anything soooooo small it is not worth the effort to gut and pluck. I'm done with broody banties popping out of nowhere with yet another dozen banty mutt chicks; mostly roos of course! Cute yes, but a waste of my time and feed! Everything I raise from here on out is dual purpose, meat and egg.

For me its Jersey Giants!

I paid a bunch of money to have 8 shipped from a well known breeder and hatched and raised 2 others to add to the group. They got the same attention and care as all my other chickens, yet they are the most skittish and flighty of all that I have. My bantams and layers will eat out of my hand, jump up on me, follow me around, etc. Not the JGs, they run into the coop when you go into the run and out into the run when you go into their coop. I don't know what their problem is, but if they weren't the breed my husband wants, I would have sold them already. I sure hope they calm down when they mature...they are 7 months old now.

Sebrights are another breed I won't ever have again. The girls are skittish and the boys are floggin' little freaks!

Not real thrilled with Wyandottes either at this point. I have a young SL and GL that are very standoffish and the BLRW hates to be touched. Time will tell if they remain here.

White Leghorns get my vote for never again. Blood thirsty buggers. Anyone getting a flock of these should go ahead and build and injured cage to seperate any bleeders from the rest.

Quote:
I have one girl, she doesn't attack the other birds, but she pecks at our legs whenever we stand around in their run. I am pretty sure she would keep pecking til she ripped off chunks if we stood still and gave her enough time LoL. I won't be getting any more of them either, even though I really love her huge white eggs in my egg cartons!

I 3 JG, 2 Black pullets and 1 splash pullet. They are "Gentle Giants" mine aren't friendly, but that's due to me not handling them when they were babies. I used to have a Blue JG roo and he was kind of getting agressive ...
hmm.png

Hmmm...Anything with a beard or a crest. Those ones always get them plucked out
sad.png

Quote:
That reminds me. I have a sore on the back of my leg, mid-calf. I had it almost healed up. The other day I was just standing around in the juveniles pen when one of the speckled sussex eased up behind me and pecked that sore. YOW!
ep.gif

Blood spurted everywhere and since the youngin's haven't learned to differentiate between me bringing them food and me being food, I beat a hasty retreat.
hide.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Polish. I [usually] never say never, but I've been disenchanted with the Polish I've kept. They're kinda dumb. Oh, and could somebody please work on their feather lacing (haven't seen a good laced one yet)...I do not have the patience.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I 3 JG, 2 Black pullets and 1 splash pullet. They are "Gentle Giants" mine aren't friendly, but that's due to me not handling them when they were babies. I used to have a Blue JG roo and he was kind of getting agressive ...
hmm.png

MFP, I love your avatar! So cute!​

Back
Top Bottom