rabiee

Songster
Jul 13, 2018
Upstate NY
CAB7D875-4289-41B4-9A4C-17372A6697E1.jpeg
64A77ED2-E4D4-4444-B950-E7E6DC618D22.jpeg
Hello all! I’m new to ducks and in May brought home two 8wk old ducklings. The farm we got them from had Anaconas, Rouen, Campbells and Muskvoy ducks for sale, I asked for some females and he brought me what he had left. He wasn’t sure what they were though, kinda a strange situation. So flash forward to now and I’m almost positive one is a drake, and possible a Campbell. But I’m not sure of the other one, she’s so much darker than pictures of Campbells online. I’ve attached pictures of when we brought them home and today. Thanks for your help!

75218641-971C-40D5-A6D4-513CB52B7962.jpeg

Here’s another of one of their first few weeks with us, sorry it’s blurry, but so you can see how dark the one on the right has gotten and then how much the one on the left has lightened up.

They are so pretty!!!!! I would say:
Female: Rouen...maybe a mix with that.
Male: Campbell mix
I've never owned ducks before and it's so cool watching them change colours as they grow :) Now if I could just get them to go in the coop on their own at night.

I've never owned ducks before and it's so cool watching them change colours as they grow :) Now if I could just get them to go in the coop on their own at night.
I know right!!! Duck are just the coolest, stubborn, selfish, crazy, loving animals!!! I am trying to figure out how to train mine to come into there run/coop too!!!! I posted a thread but no one has answered yet. They are in there run now just I want to know how to get them back in it before I let them go!

Herding is one way walk slowly behind with arms opened wide to guide or use a pole or 2. Old mop handle works well main thing is going slow. Then once they are in the pen give them a treat so they associate treat with herding and pen

This is great advice. Feed and water them as soon as they are in. Mine now come to the sound of the water filling and complain loudly about where is the food. I ordered a Shepherd s crook because I thought it was cool but it works really well. Broom handle is a good idea. I used a snow shovel at first.

Back
Top Bottom