What breeds are my hens?

Krah24

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
I have two hens, they are the same in coloring except one is shorter, fluffier looking and has feathers on her feet.

Here is the first:

I think someone told me once that she is a silver laced wyndotte but I'm not sure.

Here is the other one:

You can sort of see her feet feathers in the first pic.
And her tail feathers fan out unlike the other hen who's tail feathers just kind of stick up and don't seem as fluffy.
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Your first one is a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, and your second one appears to be a Silver-Laced Cochin. Both beautiful birds!

Your first one is a Silver-Laced Wyandotte, and your second one appears to be a Silver-Laced Cochin. Both beautiful birds!

Thanks!
They really are! :)
My first can be a little aggressive at times but we love having her around anyway!

First is a silver laced Wyandotte, second is a silver laced cochin. Good on you for seeing the difference in body type! They also have different combs.

Yes
First is a silver laced Wyandotte, second is a silver laced cochin. Good on you for seeing the difference in body type! They also have different combs.

Yes I noticed the difference in the combs too!
:)

They do
I was thinking the second one was a brahma

edit-nevermind, ignore me I didn't pay close enough attention to the comb

They do look like similar birds though! :)
But hey you just taught me a new bird!
I am after all a newb! :)

They do

They do look like similar birds though!
smile.png

But hey you just taught me a new bird!
I am after all a newb!
smile.png

lol I've learned so many new birds off this site. I've only recently bought a brahma so I did a bunch of research on it and now I guess it's on my mind and that's why I jumped to conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom