What breeds may be mixed in here?

SaltyHen

Songster
Nov 16, 2021
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi, these are 1 year old barnyard mixes, but wondering if anyone has some ideas of what breeds might be mixed in here?

This vid is from Aug when I brought them home:

Penny — Copper, vocal, bossy, top of pecking order, squats for anything lol, reliably laying tan/brown eggs about 5x/week (3x/week now with shorter days)

Mimi — Black with gold hood, second in pecking order, was reliably laying pinkish tan eggs 3x/week except she's in a long, slow molt now

Ara — White with black collar (buff blush on back) has only given me a couple tan eggs since I got her in Aug

ShaSha — Black with muff & beard, was laying pale blue/green eggs for prev owner but no eggs for me since I brought her home in Aug

ShaSha looks like an easter egger.
Mimi looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte, although not the best quality since she is missing lacing one most of her body. She may be a mix.
Penny is probably a red sex link.
Ara looks like a delaware chicken.

From a woman's backyard suburban setup. She only had the 4 (all that's permitted with regulations in the suburbs), raised together since pullets. I don't know where she got them. She sold them to me with their coop bc she decided she wanted to switch her focus to 3 buff Brahmas instead.
Most of them don't look like barnyard mixes, to me. I may be wrong though.

@Overo Mare

ShaSha looks like an easter egger.
Mimi looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte, although not the best quality since she is missing lacing one most of her body. She may be a mix.
Penny is probably a red sex link.
Ara looks like a delaware chicken.
I can get on board with all these suggestions except Mimi. I've seen several photos around this forum of black chickens with gold hoods like that. Kicking myself for not asking when I saw them bc now I can't seem to locate them again. Lol

Back
Top Bottom