What can quail not eat?

Right now? I found a place that can take my male quail and I can get more females but they have a waiting list until May. It's only one quail that's fighting so could I take that quail out?

Last edited:
You need to take out the extra males, now. Even if you can't get more females, you need the males out. They'll keep fighting until you separate them out. Even if you take out the one aggressive one, another one will become aggressive. You don't have to get rid of them right now, but you need to separate them.
One male and one female together isn't good, but it's better than four males and one female.

You need to take out the extra males, now. Even if you can't get more females, you need the males out. They'll keep fighting until you separate them out. Even if you take out the one aggressive one, another one will become aggressive. You don't have to get rid of them right now, but you need to separate them.
One male and one female together isn't good, but it's better than four males and one female.
Follow this advice! Remove them now. They can scalp each other in minutes, remove eyes and even brain each other before you notice. Ive come across scalped and eye pecked quails that i had checked around an hour before and never heard a thing, they are fast, i keep mine in my living room right now so see them all day and know they can be perfectly fine and then just a little while later have attacked one
Every time ive tried to have two males together, in groups with hens of course, even if they seem fine for a while it always ends like that within a very short time of their hormones kicking in. (And sometimes the hens turn on each other too!)

(the best way to avoid fighting is to have as much room as you can give them.)

So keep one female and one male in one area, and keep the rest of the males all in separate areas? Can I keep one male and one female long enough until I get the other females?

Back
Top Bottom