What Chicken Breeds do you Dislike & Why?

Pics
I LOVE my PBRs! They may be common but they sure are sweet girls. Here's by PBR hen with her three 5 toed, feathered legged chicks she just hatched last night. She's not the biological mother of any of them, she just did all the hard work!
View attachment 1856193 View attachment 1856195
Here's Dad.
View attachment 1856196

Who I don't care for? My SS, Delaware and one of my olive eggers. The SS is a PIA and lays puny eggs, the Delaware sounds like a dragon and had a disposition to match and the olive egger has had multiple issues with shell-less eggs. I think she is defective and will ultimately succumb to reproductive failure.
Beautiful! :love And a lovely coop you have there too! :woot

Here's the gray I mentioned in my last post. It got bumped by a site sponsored double posted pic.View attachment 1856088
I also had a grandfather that raised fighting games and made a little moonshine on the side as well... he was one cool dude. He really enjoyed the time one of his game hens with diddles flogged me after he had told me repeatedly to not go near them. I learned a valuable lesson that day.

I personally haven’t came across a chicken breed I would say I disliked, however have had birds of breeds I dislike but also birds of the same breeds who were great, as far as docile and aggression wise.
If I honestly HAD to say one it’d either be the silve rlaced Wyandotte’s or Rhode Island reds.Looking back at what I said about not likeing any chicken breed naive I forgot about my only Production Silver Laced Wyandotte I own, that thing was just untamable.I put serious work into her as a chick and she always remained skittish and fearful and often was aggressive with newcomers.And Rhode Island reds only because I had a bad experience with them bullying my flock causing puncture wounds, which seems to be a common behavior in these birds.But my last Rir hens were so friendly and fun to keep.

Back
Top Bottom