What Chicken Breeds do you Dislike & Why?

Pics
Yea that's how I felt coming home with my Mother from... I forget where. She had a rose (?) Comb that her little bristle feathers would get stuck underneath.

View attachment 1886575
That's why I keep my boys indoor. The Aseels make great pets and are not mean to people. I keep a group of females (8 of them) with rest of the flock and they all are high in the pecking order. Even my mean RIR Rooster leaves them alone after he got a good "disciplining action" from them for pecking on their chicks.

I miss my Aseels!

I had 5 hens and a rooster cruising my yard, till they changed the zoning on my old house.

Pit Bulls and cats got out of their way...

I liked his croaking crow.

I miss my Aseels!

I had 5 hens and a rooster cruising my yard, till they changed the zoning on my old house.

Pit Bulls and cats got out of their way...

I liked his croaking crow.
Yes. Nothing better than the short, guttural aseel crow. Don't believe I could tolerate another rooster's crow.

Let me add, COcks with irritating crows, IE. most bantams are too sqealy. Even BROODY hens are more allowable for noise than them. They also seem to go off more often than the large breed Cocks.

Yes. Nothing better than the short, guttural aseel crow. Don't believe I could tolerate another rooster's crow.

I heard Liege Fighters have the same crow, but are less aggressive to your flock; does anyone know about that?

Let me add, COcks with irritating crows, IE. most bantams are too sqealy. Even BROODY hens are more allowable for noise than them. They also seem to go off more often than the large breed Cocks.

I got some bantams, because I thought: they couldn't possibly crow as loud...

They sound like little trumpets! I even tried locking them in the closet so they couldn't see the sun rising, and to keep the landlord from hearing them...

They got me evicted.

You're right, they crow more often too.

Before Coqui Frogs came to Hawaii, when even downtown Hilo was zoned for agriculture; and all the Filipinos in all the Filipino camps raised fighting chickens...

The only sounds at night were the traffic, and a cock crowing...

You could tell time by the diminishing traffic, and by cocks crowing, increasingly till the day dawned...

I always woke up early, and walking around in the morning, I'd see my neighbors walking too; and we all greeted each other as the sun rose, and the colors changed; and the roosters crowed...

For most of my life that was the only clock I needed, and now that so many people had to get rid of their chickens, I had to move out of my overpopulated and gentrified home to the country, when they tore down the last Filipino camp in Hilo; and we hear Coqui Frogs all night...

I really miss hearing roosters crowing all around me in the distance, and cannot imagine I'll ever get tired of having a few in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom