what color are they

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
i ordered a few chicks and now im wondering what color they are?
this chick i am pretty sure this is my cochin but i ordered silver laced but i think they sent me something else. partridge or maybe golden laced?
50920_dscn7964.jpg

ive got some more photos of the other chicks that i dont know the color of but it will take a few minutes for them to load
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
she definitely isn't a bantam though because she is the same size as my jersey giant, and i bought 5 other cochins from them and they all look like that. could all of their cochins be poorly laced or are the chicks something other then laced?

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I think it's too early to tell (unless you know how to vent sex). Wait until he/she's around 4 - 6 weeks old. If it's a roo, it should be obvious by then. Can you get a picture of the head straight-on, so that it shows the comb very clearly? A Cochin Roo's comb turns red pretty early on.

Did you order the chicks sexed or straight run? If you ordered a Silver Laced Cochin pullet and they substituted a Golden Laced, chances are you still got a pullet.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, I'd never seen a Buff Brahma chick before, but I looked up a picture and I definately agree with you! I love learning something new every day on BYC!
smile.png

Does that mean they shorted you a Cochin?

Back
Top Bottom