What color do you consider this rooster to be? Ameraucana?

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
Just wondering what color this roo of mine would be considered. Also, I believe he is an Ameraucana---am I correct?
hu.gif
Sorry the pic. is so small, I've tried everything, and can't get them to upload any bigger!
barnie.gif

64357_peter_and_paisley.jpg

Whatever the color is called, it's pretty. Can't see his head well enough to tell about comb or muffs, but his body shape isn't quite right for an ameraucana.

I saw somewhere on BYC how to upload pics so that we could just click on them and they would magnify. But I have the paws of a dinosaur so I can't tell you myself!
tongue.png

Pretty guy- I have no idea as to breed.

For the pic- When uploading, after you select a pic, check the box that gives you the re-size option, then choose the largest option, the one for websites and forum postings, I think. Its the last one that drops down on the list. You have to do that for every picture you upload, you have to choose a size if you dont want it small. Hope this helped with the pic thing,
smile.png

From that tiny picture EE..I'm assuming he's got a beard behind the brush. Ameraucana's have a strict breed standard with only 7 colors allowed..yours isn't one of them. If you want to know more about the APA Breed Standard for a true Ameraucana their web site is www.Ameraucana.org
EE's are a beautiful fun chicken to have in about any flock...even though we breed Ameraucana's we have some EE's here as well
big_smile.png

suzetteex5 wrote:
For the pic- When uploading, after you select a pic, check the box that gives you the re-size option, then choose the largest option, the one for websites and forum postings, I think. Its the last one that drops down on the list. You have to do that for every picture you upload, you have to choose a size if you dont want it small. Hope this helped with the pic thing,

I tried that a few times-----no luck.
sad.png
I don't understand it, because the pictures turned out great on facebook.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom