What color eggs does your chicken lay?

Pics

happymom99

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2011
California
I thought it might be fun and helpful to some (like me) if we post what our chickens egg color looks like, with more than just the basic description of "brown" or "white", when applicable. Here are mine:

• Black Austrolorp: Brown - Usually a "traditional" shade of brown. Similar in color to a grocery store brown egg. Some days though it has a touch of pink to it.
  • Gold-Laced Cochin - "traditional" shade of brown with beautiful little light purple speckles.
  • Ameracauna - Blue Green. More green than blue.
  • Blue Andalusian - White. And the small end is sort of flattish.
  • Welsumer - Dark brown, almost with a terracotta orange to it. Sometimes with dark speckles.
  • Silver Laced Wyandotte - Very light brown. Almost a cream color.
  • Salmon Faverolle - Very light brown. Almost a cream color.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else's eggs look like!
smile.png

Question? With a story: I had 2 black Ameraucana hens wander to my yard last summer. one would eat from my hand the other not at all. The other neighbors dog killed the tame one :( the second one started laying eggs in my hay. I knew they were not fertile so I contacted an egg farmer that had Lavendar Orpington chicken eggs for sale, I bought a dozen. They were light green to a light blue marked LAV. Well after I got her eggs switched out the dog got her too. So I resorted to putting the 12 eggs into an incubator. Two of twelve the eggs hatched, this one lived, she is a Lavendar Orpington. My question, Everything I read it says Orpingtons lay brown to cream. How could my chicks come from blue/light green eggs if that is true?

?

Question? With a story: I had 2 black Ameraucana hens wander to my yard last summer. one would eat from my hand the other not at all. The other neighbors dog killed the tame one :( the second one started laying eggs in my hay. I knew they were not fertile so I contacted an egg farmer that had Lavendar Orpington chicken eggs for sale, I bought a dozen. They were light green to a light blue marked LAV. Well after I got her eggs switched out the dog got her too. So I resorted to putting the 12 eggs into an incubator. Two of twelve the eggs hatched, this one lived, she is a Lavendar Orpington. My question, Everything I read it says Orpingtons lay brown to cream. How could my chicks come from blue/light green eggs if that is true?

?

They couldn't. You didn't hatch from an Orpington egg.

Back
Top Bottom