What color eggs will I lay (if ever)?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by laughaha, Jul 28, 2010.

1. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Pretty annoying little brat- jumps in the feed bin EVERY time I open it, always underfoot, nosier than all get out, loves to be cuddled. I think it's a pullet americauna at least I am really hoping it is. Never had an americauna before but it's definitely muffyish. Feet are not feathered (but I can't remember what color they are). Love the markings.

Edited to add: Not crowing WHATSOEVER or even acting boyish at all towards the 80ish hens/pullets and roosters completely ignore it but the tail feathers have got me a bit worried. And there is nothing wrong with it's eye- just the way the pic came out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and if it's a girl I'm gonna breed her to my miscolored barred rock roo who is gorgeous except he has some rust colored bars in his feathering (only like 4 feathers on his whole body).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  2. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    I am going to say roo. I have 2 roo's. 1 crows and mates the hens the other does none of that. They do not fight and even roost at night together.

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I have two lavs and both look to be roos, though one has a bigger fatter comb. amers. Neither has crowed yet.

4. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Looks like a pullet to me. I don't think the comb is big enough or red enough to be a roo.

If a hen, should lay green, or blue eggs.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    Looks like it has pointed saddle feathers...I am guessing Roo...

6. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    the weird part is that it doesn't seem to be a part of either the male or female pecking order. Runs with the banties.

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Pretty sure those are the beginnings of saddle feathers = roo.

8. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    if it's a male- what type of hen egg color should I breed it to so that the subsequent chicks lay blue or green eggs? I have white, light brown, brown, and dark brown egg layers. I REALLY want blue or green eggs but DH says no more chickiepoos for awhile and I can't argue with that as I've got about 100! Oh, and I have a hen that is a BA mix who has turquoise and purple to her black feathers- absolutely gorgeous! Do you think their chicks would lay colored eggs and have the beautiful sheens to their black feathers?

9. PhlyinPheBee

PhlyinPheBee Poodles, Chicken, Goats--OH MY!!

Mar 11, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    Quote:I was told that breeding a EE roo with other breeds will produce chicks that would lay bluish to greenish eggs. That is was I am counting on with my Araucaca roo!!

10. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    How old is it? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the posts)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by