What color is he Genetically speaking?

sjango

Songster
May 2, 2017
San Diego County, California
35C35300-82F3-457D-BB35-9D3549A5DCFD.jpeg
So here he is, absolutely stunning in my opinion, of course I’m a bit biased. He’s just a tapestry of reds—dark red on his covert feathers, cream flight feathers with a gradient to brown and black. Gold saddle feathers, silver and gold hackle feathers.
Does this have a name?
Cream light brown Colombian? Some kind of Duckwing going on?

Fallenone05

Songster
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
View attachment 2343986 So here he is, absolutely stunning in my opinion, of course I’m a bit biased. He’s just a tapestry of reds—dark red on his covert feathers, cream flight feathers with a gradient to brown and black. Gold saddle feathers, silver and gold hackle feathers.
Does this have a name?
Cream light brown Colombian? Some kind of Duckwing going on?
Do you know his heritage? I think some genetics are just random. I've got some interesting birds from a Crele rooster x White hen that I have no idea what would be called because it's non-standard - she's not Crele or white but something just weird, but pretty.

Amer

Enabler
Nov 8, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
Red silver duckwing/extended black heterozygote maybe?
Or maybe wheaten instead of duckwing because he shows more leakage than is usual.

sjango

Songster
May 2, 2017
San Diego County, California
Do you know his heritage? I think some genetics are just random. I've got some interesting birds from a Crele rooster x White hen that I have no idea what would be called because it's non-standard - she's not Crele or white but something just weird, but pretty.
He’s a landrace from Pohnpei Island called a Ponape, colors are random as no one was selecting for anything.

Last edited:

Top Bottom