What color is he Genetically speaking?

Do you know his heritage? I think some genetics are just random. I've got some interesting birds from a Crele rooster x White hen that I have no idea what would be called because it's non-standard - she's not Crele or white but something just weird, but pretty.
I wanna see a picture of the weird but pretty chicken 😁

Huh. I have a hen I assumed was Eewh because she has an Ameraucana father and a Domique mother. She has quite a lot of leakage. Might ERewh affect it?
View attachment 2345156
Yes, E/eWh hens with Columbian restrictor(Co/co+) may have leakage, but this is not the point I was making. The post is about a rooster, hens lack the white triangle. The point I was trying to make is that under no circumstances E/eWh or any Extended Black Heterozygous males will have white triangles, leakage is another thing altogether.

I wanna see a picture of the weird but pretty chicken 😁

IMG_20200821_161107.jpg

Her dad was a Crele EExWyandotte mix, while her mom was either a pure white Ameraucana or an EE.

I'm curious about her colors since she doesn't really exhibit either of those patterns and all of her siblings look very different from her.

She almost has the barring that creles have on her legs but the rest of her colors is like a lace x bar mix.

Yes, E/eWh hens with Columbian restrictor(Co/co+) may have leakage, but this is not the point I was making. The post is about a rooster, hens lack the white triangle. The point I was trying to make is that under no circumstances E/eWh or any Extended Black Heterozygous males will have white triangles, leakage is another thing altogether.
Huh, okay, that’s interesting.
She doesn’t have Co but I assume you were talking about the black sexlinks, not my hen specifically.
I thought the wing triangle could be extreme leakage but you prove that it is not. Interesting. Okay.

View attachment 2345550

Her dad was a Crele EExWyandotte mix, while her mom was either a pure white Ameraucana or an EE.

I'm curious about her colors since she doesn't really exhibit either of those patterns and all of her siblings look very different from her.

She almost has the barring that creles have on her legs but the rest of her colors is like a lace x bar mix.
Her mother was probably recessive white with blue hiding underneath, which gave you a blue barred hen with leakage.

Her mother was probably recessive white with blue hiding underneath, which gave you a blue barred hen with leakage.

IMG_20201001_151718.jpg

So the yellow all through is the leakage right? I'm /very/ new to genetics and don't understand the ins and outs of it.

One of her sisters is butter colored with blue lacing on her feathers. One roo to two hens made a bunch of diverse looking babies.

IMG_20201008_090014.jpg

These two are siblings to the blue-barred hen, and the brown hen in front of them is their sister. They're either full or half sisters. I used two hens for their blue eggs and the Crele rooster to breed these guys.

View attachment 2366629

So the yellow all through is the leakage right? I'm /very/ new to genetics and don't understand the ins and outs of it.

One of her sisters is butter colored with blue lacing on her feathers. One roo to two hens made a bunch of diverse looking babies.

View attachment 2366631

These two are siblings to the blue-barred hen, and the brown hen in front of them is their sister. They're either full or half sisters. I used two hens for their blue eggs and the Crele rooster to breed these guys.
Yes, the leakage is the yellow/red coloring. Seeing her siblings I’d have to say that her mother is an EE and has a mixed coloring (including blue) under her recessive white.
Also, just wanted to say that your blue barred hen is beautiful!

Yes, the leakage is the yellow/red coloring. Seeing her siblings I’d have to say that her mother is an EE and has a mixed coloring (including blue) under her recessive white.
Also, just wanted to say that your blue barred hen is beautiful!

Awesome!! Thank you.
And thank you for the compliment!!
I need to get a picture of one of the moms. Unfortunately my pure white hen passed away and I lost all my pictures of her due to a phone reset. 😭 I've been looking for one since.

Back
Top Bottom