What color is he Genetically speaking?

sjango

Songster
6 Years
May 2, 2017
San Diego County, California
35C35300-82F3-457D-BB35-9D3549A5DCFD.jpeg
So here he is, absolutely stunning in my opinion, of course I’m a bit biased. He’s just a tapestry of reds—dark red on his covert feathers, cream flight feathers with a gradient to brown and black. Gold saddle feathers, silver and gold hackle feathers.
Does this have a name?
Cream light brown Colombian? Some kind of Duckwing going on?

Heh... yeah I was very wrong. Which I kind of expected.
Heterozygous E/eWh even with Columbian restrictors(think about how black sex link males look minus the sex linked barring) will never have a white/gold fly feathers(Wing Triangle) the most they will look is pseudo birchen(darker than actual birchen, most of them will have black shoulders)

Huh. I have a hen I assumed was Eewh because she has an Ameraucana father and a Domique mother. She has quite a lot of leakage. Might ERewh affect it?
View attachment 2345156
Yes, E/eWh hens with Columbian restrictor(Co/co+) may have leakage, but this is not the point I was making. The post is about a rooster, hens lack the white triangle. The point I was trying to make is that under no circumstances E/eWh or any Extended Black Heterozygous males will have white triangles, leakage is another thing altogether.

I wanna see a picture of the weird but pretty chicken 😁

IMG_20200821_161107.jpg

Her dad was a Crele EExWyandotte mix, while her mom was either a pure white Ameraucana or an EE.

I'm curious about her colors since she doesn't really exhibit either of those patterns and all of her siblings look very different from her.

She almost has the barring that creles have on her legs but the rest of her colors is like a lace x bar mix.

Back
Top Bottom