What color is he?

Black x - blacks with silver leakage
Blue x - blacks and blues with silver leakage
Splash x - blues with silver leakage
Paint x - blacks with silver leakage, paints, and whites
White x (assuming it’s recessive white) - depends on what’s under the white
Of course, expect some unexpected colors to come up due to the mixed colors of many silkies.

You’re fine! Ask all the questions you want, I’m happy to answer them if I’m able.
Hello! So so far I have gotten two black silkies for him but they are just a month so I’m not sure if they are hens or not. I was wondering however if you knew how to breed silver partridge or what goes together to get that coloring. I think they are so pretty and would love to get him a girl that is one so I could possibly produce more of them.

Hello! So so far I have gotten two black silkies for him but they are just a month so I’m not sure if they are hens or not. I was wondering however if you knew how to breed silver partridge or what goes together to get that coloring. I think they are so pretty and would love to get him a girl that is one so I could possibly produce more of them.
Well, since he’s not pure silver partridge, crossing him with the black hens won’t get you silver partridge. If you cross him to partridge hens you should get some that resemble silver partridge, though they won’t be true breeding due to their mixed ancestry.

Black x - blacks with silver leakage
Blue x - blacks and blues with silver leakage
Splash x - blues with silver leakage
Paint x - blacks with silver leakage, paints, and whites
White x (assuming it’s recessive white) - depends on what’s under the white
Of course, expect some unexpected colors to come up due to the mixed colors of many silkies.

You’re fine! Ask all the questions you want, I’m happy to answer them if I’m able.
Hello! So I only have one female silkie which is black, she has a baby hatching like right at this minute, but it appears to be white/very light colored. The possible silkie dads are the silver Colombian, a red Pyle and a silver partridge. I believe those are the only roos she could’ve bred with but there is a possibility that she breed with the salmon favorelle x lavender Orpington mix(not as likely). Based on this what would you guess as to what possibly color the baby could be since her mom is black and she is coming out white/very light yellow coloring?

Back
Top Bottom