What Color is my Pheonix?

Oh my gosh! He's so cute! And looks exactly like my one Phoenix roo minus the pretty markings he has on his chest. I am in love and I am jealous
tongue.png
lol.png

Last edited:
I think he's horrible, you don't want him. You should send him on down the line to someone who will tolerate him. Someone in AL possibly.....
wink.png

Just kidding! I think he's absolutely stunning!!!
droolin.gif

Oh, and I was so wrapped up in his beauty that I forgot to add a GOOD JOB on his care! He almost looks like a different bird! He's soooooooo healthy and shiny looking now. *wipes drool off keyboard*

Quote:
Ahaha thanks. Yeah, even if he does have poor coloring he is still pretty.
I want to see your roo! Do you have pictures somewhere?

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.
big_smile.png

I think mainly it's that when we got him he hadn't been handled at all so he was very skittish around people. He's much more comfortable around people as long as you don't touch him. We're still working on that. Haha. Though I think his comb might be getting frostbitten which worries me. You can kind of see it on the pictures of him on the ends of the points.

Here is my guy. Minus the markings on your guy's chest, I think they look pretty similar.
smile.png
Especially compared to my Silver. I noticed they both have that gold on their wings.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
He's so pretty. He does look a lot like mine. Someone in an earlier post said the gold color was from having silver and gold alleles.
I also think yours is bigger. haha. I think mine is a bantam, yours looks like he's a standard.

Quote:
He's so pretty. He does look a lot like mine. Someone in an earlier post said the gold color was from having silver and gold alleles.
I also think yours is bigger. haha. I think mine is a bantam, yours looks like he's a standard.

Yes indeedy
smile.png
This fella, Lodovico, and his buddy, Tripper (Silver) are standards and I have a Silver bantam hen, as well as a mix Phoenix bantam cockerel. I love Phoenixes.
I think that the gold/silver alleles is very interesting and I too learned that from this thread. Now that makes me excited to see what his offspring will look like!

Aloha,

I was looking through your post and I have to say now that your Roo has filled out he is gorgeous! His molting in his breast feathers are very beautiful! If I were you I would just keep him for his appeal. I hope you keep him.

Back
Top Bottom