What color is "straw" in SOP??

kmpcfp

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Southern Maryland
I finally got my APA SOP (YAY!). I am trying to pick which of my 3 salmon faverolles roosters to put in my breeding pen.

What color is "straw"? It's not defined in the definitions section and the colored pictures in the book show it as almost white.

A light yellow or gold color. I'll find a good picture and update this post with it.

It's like golden.TThis guy has straw colored hackles and saddles.
1000004456.jpg

He is straw colored? Also, is this 5 points or 6?
20240210_191420.jpg

And is this a thumbprint comb? Don't mind his missing beard. One of his girlfriends is a feather plucker I need to remove.
1000016085.jpg

Also are the brown margins on his black tail a major fault if they are supposed to be solid black?

7 but again one is split so it’s sort of like 8.
Thanks. I wasn't counting the ridges as points. So if I was only looking at just the combs, I would pick the one with the finest texture and smallest thumbprint and pick hens with the proper number of points to get to a better rooster. Obviously I know it goes way beyond the comb, but the two I have to choose from are pretty similar.

Thanks. I wasn't counting the ridges as points. So if I was only looking at just the combs, I would pick the one with the finest texture and smallest thumbprint and pick hens with the proper number of points to get to a better rooster. Obviously I know it goes way beyond the comb, but the two I have to choose from are pretty similar.
Yeah, just balance it out with hens with nicely shaped combs. The number of points doesn't matter as much as a well balanced comb with even with no thumprints (and without the odd double points.)
An eight pointed comb wouldn't be a big deal as long as the points were straight and even in height and spacing.
More important than combs is overall type.

Back
Top Bottom