what color would you call this ?

MSH

Chirping
8 Years
May 4, 2011
Cleveland , Georgia
90288_white_roo.jpg

I've just been calling him white but hubby says he has to be called something else because he has blue and brownish spots on him he's not all white lol any ideas ?
and I'm trying to figure out which is which I was told I had OEGB's a red pyle and a bbr but the are 1/2 this ones size and I was told he is also a OEGB ?

I think hubby just wants to be right lol he swears the self blues and the blue breasted reds are grey and are called greys lol well the chicken guy proved him wrong last night so he's started again today

Unless the rooster you posted is squatting, he looks to have some Japanese Bantam in him.
As for a color at best I would say it is a incomplete Red Laced White but defiantly not a true pattern/ color and defiantly not Pyle of any type.

Here is a Red Pyle Old English Bantam [not my bird]
33115_harbour.jpeg

Also there are no "Grey" Old English Bantam.

Grey is a "variety" of American Gamefowl, as in Regular Grey, Frost Grey, etc.

Chris

Last edited:
lol thanks for the greay part lol yea he's sitting on the washing machine so he's not really standing his feet kept slipping lol so do you think if he's incomplete laced he could produce laced chicks ?

Quote:
If bred to a laced hen he should produce laced chicks some may be incomplete more or less like him.

Chris

cool lol I have been trying to figure out all the genetic stuff for colors and haven't made any progress at all it's all greek to me lol

According to the picture, your Rooster's color is Appliance White with Dirty Fingerprints.
lau.gif
gig.gif
A cup of Tide should get him all gleaming white again!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom