What color would you say this Frizzle is?

Looks like a wheaten female. That or maybe a wheaten w/columbian or something. . . Not a buff though.

Unless you got or hatched these as Cochins, not frizzles, there's no gaurantee they're purebred or showable. But, no, Wheaten is not an accepted color.

Oh, I know. They came in a "feather footed bantam" assortment from Ideal. That hatchery offers three colors of Frizzle Cochin for sale on their site: Red, Black and White. However, my Silver Penciled is a Frizzle and so is this one so the gene has been introduced into other colors some where. It was apparent to me with in a couple of days that several were frizzle, but I wonder if the hatchery can tell from day one and sell the "odd balls" in these assortments.

Either way, I'm happy to have the little buggers. Variety is the spice of life. I'm not too concerned about showing them. My son shows in 4-H, however we have others that we are breeding/raising for that purpose. I was just curious and having trouble finding the list of 18 (or is it 15) accepted Cochin colors anywhere. I finally found it in some older posts. Love learning something new every day.

Back
Top Bottom