1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What colored egg layer do you have the most of?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by M To The Maxx, Dec 1, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    What I mean by that is what color egg layer the most of. I have mostly brown egg layers. What about you?

2. I have mostly brown eggers also:)

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    My Flock and breeders are all Big brown egg layers.

4. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Right now I have one EE hen. I don't know what color she lays because I haven't seen her lay yet. Also a leghorn hen who lays white.

When I get my flock built up I want an even mix of all the colors I can get-- white, brown, green/blue, dark brown--I love to see them all mixed together.

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have mostly blue egg layers and bantam light brown egg layers but in a day or so the scale will tip and I will have more ameraucana.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Mostly brown egg layers.

7. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

If all my girls were to lay at once, i would have twelve of fifteen eggs that are light to medium brown, one cream, and two olive green eggs.[​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I know what the breeds I have are SUPPOSED to lay (as in egg color) but it will be the beginning of next March before I can actually SEE any (and brag about 'em).

9. coberdor

coberdor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Norton, Ohio
    I have mostly green EE eggs. My silkies and Mille Fleurs D'uccles lay light cream colored eggs.

10. embkm

embkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Colbert, Ga
    I have 2 EE pullets. One lays a aqua blue egg, the other olive green. The rest of my girls all lay brown eggs.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by