What colors will they produce ?

Faraz1

Songster
Aug 16, 2019
I have a pair of oriental gamefowl. Wondering what color chicks they will produce?

Ideas on the breed would be appreciated as well.

Attachments

• 20230713_163628-01.jpeg
    20230713_163628-01.jpeg
    646.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230713_163540-01.jpeg
    20230713_163540-01.jpeg
    865 KB · Views: 10
I just know the hens background. Her parents were not lavendar at all rather a black cockrel and a partridge? hen. Their pic is attached below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230713_164733_WhatsApp-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230713_164733_WhatsApp-01.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 14
Beautiful birds. Don't know about color, but I'm guessing these are some type of aseel or aseel-type

Yes, they are oriental gamefowl but unsure of the subcategory. I think the hens parents were thai type based on the diagram below.

I am still learning a lot about oriental gamefowl and there seems to be alot of hybrid birds out there (For example crossing Aseel with Thai, shamo etc).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501_233041_Brave-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20230501_233041_Brave-01.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 14
Yes, they are oriental gamefowl but unsure of the subcategory. I think the hens parents were thai type based on the diagram below.

I am still learning a lot about oriental gamefowl and there seems to be alot of hybrid birds out there (For example crossing Aseel with Thai, shamo etc).

With the exception of the Malay and possibly the Thai, I tend to categorise all others under the umbrella of "aseel-types". Some like the Mianwali, the bengum and the Heera are types of aseel, but then we have shamo or Cobra which are removed quite a bit from the original aseel

Really, yours are most likely mixes of many different lines, so unless you know their whole lineage it might be hard to narrow it down more than calling it an aseel

With the exception of the Malay and possibly the Thai, I tend to categorise all others under the umbrella of "aseel-types". Some like the Mianwali, the bengum and the Heera are types of aseel, but then we have shamo or Cobra which are removed quite a bit from the original aseel
well Aseel/Asil have a number of sub-breeds (Mianwali, amroha, rampuri, lakha, parrot beak, heera/white) and also bantam aseels like tuzo.

Shamo are japanese and have their own categories: shamo, chu shamo, ko shamo (bantam) along with yamato gunkei

well Aseel/Asil have a number of sub-breeds (Mianwali, amroha, rampuri, lakha, parrot beak, heera/white) and also bantam aseels like tuzo.

Shamo are japanese and have their own categories: shamo, chu shamo, ko shamo (bantam) along with yamato gunkei

I'm very much aware. It's nearly impossible to tell you which one you have though, since all these birds look very much alike. Origin has nothing to do with it though, shamo are Japanese, bengum are Pakistani for example. They are all still linked with the "original" aseel. And most importantly, 99% of birds that don't come with their lineage known are mixes from several varieties

Thanks. Would you say oiental gamefowl is the correct term to encompass all the birds rather than calling them aseel ? Or is/was Aseel the inital breed that has resulted in all these other breeds ?

Back
Top Bottom