What Cross is this ?

Thanks. I just looked at some pics of svart honas and some of them had some silver poking through the chest feathers like she has. Also their feathers look a bit tighter like hers are, more so than the other black comb breeds.

Her puffy butt does look very wyandotte-ish.

Couple more pics of her and one I had to include found on web- listed as "supposed blue laced red wyandotte" - what an interesting hen!

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_135917576.jpg
    IMG_20201223_135917576.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20201223_135846746.jpg
    IMG_20201223_135846746.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 19
  • _MG_2522.JPG
    _MG_2522.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 19
Update, there is a photo on the farm website of my hatching egg source... a Cemani rooster !

I can't find a whole lot of cemani cross photos on the interwebs but there are a few very interesting ones.

Perhaps an Ayam Cemani cross.
X2
No feathers on feet.

Thanks for the replies, the lady I got the eggs from did have some silkies but they looked to be all white ones. I thought the silkie feather thing was dominant, but I guess if a parent was a hybrid already it could produce a normal feathered chick. Also she loses many to predation, at the same time adopting many freebie chickens and hatching new ones like crazy... a very interesting farm/operation. She also has some black polish and some white ones.

This hen lays cream colored eggs I believe, and quite a few of them. If you go near her when she's laying she will raise bloody hell. One of my faverolles stared at her freaking out... with a hilarious look like "wow.... have a cow".

Looking at cemani and sumatra chickens I see that their feathers are much looser than hers, not sure if there's a black combed breed with tight feathers. I figure one parent probably had silver lacing? Some Wyandottes do have it.

Anyways, Wishbone Ash here looked so unique I had to put her in the "safe" pen with the older faverolles and reds. My roo there is also from the local lady, most probably a black sex link... it has plymouth rock markings with some individual feathers coming in almost fluorescent bright red. It's the size of a horse and very friendly. She did have a RIR roo in there.
She isn’t laced, she has silver leakage. Which could come from a wyandotte cross.

Thanks roosters, I believe that's a faverolle in your avatar? My favorites.

I think you are correct, her chest feathers are somewhat outlined in silver but they have sorta wishbone patterns of silver internally...which I actually realized the other day AFTER I named her Wishbone....funny.

She's a loner and very intelligent...another unique thing about her.

Now I will search the source farm's photos for a wyandotte hen... If I asked her if she had any she would say "I don't know"... It's chicken central with birds coming in and getting predated all the time... Which is a great way to select for the "smart ones".

Thanks roosters, I believe that's a faverolle in your avatar? My favorites.

I think you are correct, her chest feathers are somewhat outlined in silver but they have sorta wishbone patterns of silver internally...which I actually realized the other day AFTER I named her Wishbone....funny.

She's a loner and very intelligent...another unique thing about her.

Now I will search the source farm's photos for a wyandotte hen... If I asked her if she had any she would say "I don't know"... It's chicken central with birds coming in and getting predated all the time... Which is a great way to select for the "smart ones".
Me? My avatar is a coturnix quail. :)
Keep in mind while searching for your hen’s parentage that there are many possible breeds that could’ve contributed to that leakage.

Back
Top Bottom