What did I just do?? Bulk feed purchase.

This mixture being a mash, do you think catfish would eat this?
I bet you could grow a mean batch of live meal worms on that!

I'm not sure what black soldier fly larva are grown on since my place ins't warm enough for them.. but the meal worms/darkling beetles are voracious. Probably not a thousand pounds worth (unless you start a business).. but I still wanted to share outside the box possibilities that might add to your chicken adventures! :wee

My piggies are pets.. so it wouldn't be a consideration.. but I wonder if you could offload some to (smaller scale) hog growers on craigslist (farm and garden section), etc..

I wondered what ddg was.. but another post since makes me think it's distillers grains.

I bet you could grow a mean batch of live meal worms on that!

I'm not sure what black soldier fly larva are grown on since my place ins't warm enough for them.. but the meal worms/darkling beetles are voracious. Probably not a thousand pounds worth (unless you start a business).. but I still wanted to share outside the box possibilities that might add to your chicken adventures! :wee

My piggies are pets.. so it wouldn't be a consideration.. but I wonder if you could offload some to (smaller scale) hog growers on craigslist (farm and garden section), etc..

I wondered what ddg was.. but another post since makes me think it's distillers grains.
Years later when we read ... "How I started my bug growing empire ...." the story will start right here.

I'm late to this party, sorry. Pulled a musle last weekend and pinched a nerve in my lower back at the same time, painful to sit (which is my day job) still.

The above posters are correct, and I'm always going to defer to Lazy J. Chicken nutrition is a hobby for me, I'm an amatuer who has done some free reading. Lazy J is FAR more qualified.

also, I have no nutrion numbers for Hominy, and as I read the scribble, i'm uncertain that's a "recipe" as much as a grocery list - so I can't calculate it even if I had numbers for what nixtalization does to corn. Based solely on what I know of the raw ingredients, "Scratch".

Can you just offer that but fermented and regular chicken feed? Don't have to offer them just one type of food but you can ferment the one you want to get rid of so they prefer it.

Back
Top Bottom